Responsible for implementation of specific activities related to the HENA division including student recruitment, university partner development, new ISC launches, standardization, and other projects as identified to ensure HENA’s scalability and successful growth.
Management of New Launches – ISC’s and Direct Entry Partners Recruit, train, and oversee Center Manager on the day-to-day operations of the center and ensures a high standard of delivery across all center services for the initial intakes when CM will take full responsibility.
- Lead the implementation of assigned new partner ISC and direct entry launches, owning the process from signing to first intakes
- Build and manage a strong administrative and student support staff focused on outstanding customer service, efficient operations, and commitment to excellence.
- Develop and improve administrative and operational processes consistent with the goals of the unit and SG; including setting and reviewing key metrics to include product performance, progression rates, performance through degree, capacity utilization.
- Oversee staff recruitment, orientation, and on-going professional development process.
- Oversee the implementation of policies/procedures at center level.
- In keeping with Study Group’s policies and procedures, develop localized staff manuals and protocols.
- Build relationships and collaboratively works with key Study Group and university departments including Marketing, Sales, Finance, Deans, International Office, Registrar, etc.
- Independently and in partnership with SG and the university, develops and communicates policies to ISC staff and university departments and administration for all ISC activities.
- Determine through meetings with the Executive Leadership Team a strategic action plan to ensure program monitoring on a regular basis.
- Build and/or develop reporting systems and processes for key stakeholders for regular, and ad hoc reporting of student progress, attrition, satisfaction etc. including a comprehensive annual report.
- Serve as an ambassador for Study Group, promoting its programs, supporting its vision and culture, articulating its value, and building positive working relationships with key stakeholders across campus and in the community.
- Address current challenges of existing programs and organizational change while simultaneously monitoring for program improvement and market opportunities.
- Ensure any needed accreditation policies in regards to operations and oversight are being followed
Advise, train, and oversee Center Director on Student Success and Performance Leadership of New Launches for the initial intakes until the CD will take full responsibility Oversees and participates in design, development and delivery of a comprehensive academic and non-academic student support strategy. The following is primarily for on-campus staff (CD, Student Success Manager, and/or Operations Coordinator) but this role will oversee the initial intakes
- In coordination with the host institution, establishes and maintains an on-going assessment and evaluation of the quality of international student life throughout the ISC and university life-cycle.
- Develop student support systems and processes to maximize efficiency and provide superior service to students.
- Oversee day-to-day student support activities.
- Manage feedback mechanisms for long-range student reporting on student success and satisfaction as well as on-going action plans for improvement.
- Develop academic student success plans (including behavioral, academic, attendance) for students at risk of non-successful progression.
- Document and report out regularly on pathway activities, student issues, or highlights to appropriate parties.
- Develop comprehensive pre-arrival communication plan and welcome package for students and parents.
- Develop and coordinate a pathway arrival program (including airport pick-up) and on-going orientation (as part of university current orientation activities and departments).
- Collaborate with host institutions to coordinate seamless student conduct, risk management, and crisis intervention/management policy and protocol activities as they relate to ISC students.
Marketing, Sales and Admissions
Advise, train, and oversee CD on the build out of efficient systems and processes for application and admissions. Collaborates with Marketing Director on strategic planning for attracting students to the institution. The following is primarily for on-campus staff (CD, Operations Coordinator) but this role will oversee the initial intakes
- In coordination with the host institution continually review and assess program entry requirements and the communication and implementation of changes.
- Coordinate with the host institution for the student admission process to the International Study Center including, but not limited to: assessing the educational qualifications of international students, accurately and pro-actively responding to student inquiries and pre-arrival communication with agents, ensuring timely processing of applications, enrolments, and housing confirmations.
- Build and maintain close working relationships between University and Center staff, agents worldwide, and Study Group’s regional office and recruitment staff.
- Oversee liaising with staff in-market on student issues, provide feedback on market information and trends, and coordinate Study Group’s and the host institution’s systems and procedures.
Advise, train, and oversee CD on compliance with all aspects of budgeting, finance, and collections The following is primarily for on-campus staff (CD, Operations Coordinator) but this role will oversee the initial intakes
- Develop and oversee Center’s annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts
- Supervise debt collection, in conjunction with Finance, from students within the Center
- Report out on monthly spending and student enrolment.
- Oversee processing and payment of Center invoices.
- Liaise with SG Corporate as well as appropriate university departments on financial matters.
- Continuously assesse and develop cost-savings measures for the ISC.
Advise and train CD on activities meant to forward the mission of Study Group. The following is primarily for on-campus staff (CD, Student Success Manager Operations Coordinator) but this role will oversee for first two intakes
- Lead hiring of new center staff, working in conjunction with Human Resources
- Conducts regular Center meetings to ensure the dissemination of Study Group information.
- Hosts visitors to campus.
- With host institution organizes bi-annual Steering Group meetings and reports.
- Manages all aspects of QA and accreditation processes for Center.
- Contributes to opening of new centers and training of new ISC CDs.
- Participates in ad hoc committees and special assignments as needed.
- Act as Representative for the HENA CRC.
- Conduct compliance audits on centers.
- Function as an extension of the Center Director, assisting with the implementation of the Plan and providing the organization with increased oversight.
- Receive from the Center Director or Center Manager of each ISC a compliance and risk report, summarizing the minutes and actions from ISC compliance meetings and risk meetings.
Accreditation and Compliance
- Coordinate with Center Director, Operations Coordinator, Student Success Manager and Academic Manager on the steps leading to center accreditation (if required).
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor Degree
- Master's in Education or Business preferred
- 8+ years of experience both Academically and Business focused.
- Experience in managing educational centers
- Experience in dealing with Provosts and Deans
- Experience with Multi-cultural environments
- Multi-unit or remote management experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong understanding of International Education
- Agent of change
- MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-cultural, international environment
- Strong relational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build consensus
- Classroom awareness
- Prior delivery of Education Programs
- Demonstrated success in management, or administration.
- Ability to work cohesively with students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and barriers to center success.
- Understanding of Accreditation, knowledge of “ACCET”
- Knowledge of Visa issues
- Ability to help evolve internal Processes and Controls
- Ability to work in a fluid environment
- Sense of humor